In this internet driven world, people are spending more time on their mobile phones and other mobile devices. According to some projections, mobile internet usage will overtake desktop usage before 2015. In preparation for this fast growing market, companies are starting to develop new mobile website design strategies, mobile platforms, and marketing efforts.
Mobile Website Design Considerations
It is a clear fact now: the web has gone mobile. So what does this mean for website designers and website owners? It means we should be addressing a mobile website design strategy. This project strategy usually comes about in one of the following areas:
- Create a new website requiring both a desktop and mobile strategy.
- Redesign an existing website, which includes a new mobile site.
- Adding a mobile website design in addition to an existing desktop site.
To get an idea of mobile website design in practice, check out https://webconsiderations.com on your mobile phone. It shows a combination of a separate mobile site and a full website that conforms to your phone.
When you first visit our website on your phone, you will see the mobile site. See how easy it is to navigate and find information. Next, click the “Visit Full Website” link at the bottom to visit our full, mobile friendly site.
Each of these scenarios listed above has a different requirements, which we can discuss with you. Keep in mind, your current website is most likely accessible via a mobile device. However:
- How does your website look on a SmartPhone, Android, Tablet PC and other mobile devices?
- How easily can your current website be navigated on these mobile devices?
- Is there a lot of scrolling side to side and/or re-sizing to even read the content?
- Just a few points to consider.
Contact us today and we will be glad to discuss your options with no obligation.